Orthodontic treatment is a series of processes which are used to move poorly aligned teeth to a desirable position. Orthodontic treatment can:
- Improve the appearance.
- mprove the biting position and chewing function.
Which are the types of appliances used in orthodontic treatment ?
- Fixed orthodontic appliances
- Removable orthodontic appliances
Important points to be noted on orthodontic treatments:
- When you are wearing an orthodontic appliance, extra attention towards oral hygiene is needed to prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- When you are wearing a removable orthodontic appliance, the appliance and teeth must be thoroughly cleaned every morning and evening before wearing it again. Leave the appliance in a cup of water when it is not worn.
- If severe discomfort is felt when you are wearing an orthodontic appliance, consult your orthodontist immediately.
- Consult the dentist to know if it is necessary for you to undergo orthodontic treatment. Allow him to check your oral condition and explain the treatments to you in detail.
What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment?
Besides from looking and feeling great, there are many other benefits to having straight teeth and proper jaw alignment, which is possible only due to orthodontic treatments. Crooked and crowded teeth are difficult to clean and care for which is a main reason for problems including tooth decay and possible tooth loss. Other orthodontic issues will lead to abnormal damage of the teeth, problem with chewing, misalignment of the jaw joints and unnecessary stress on the gums and bones supporting the teeth. In future, orthodontic treatment is far less costly.
Srivari Dental Clinic, Chennai is one of the most advanced dental clinics with all the latest equipment, which help in providing a hazel free treatment.
For more details visit us on : www.chennaidentalclinic.in
Mail us: email@example.com