Dental bleaching, commonly known as tooth whitening, is a process of whitening the natural color of your teeth. The complete color of teeth cannot be altered totally but the shade can be lightened to give an appearance with improvement. Carbamide peroxide is the substance which is used for bleaching the teeth.It has the capability of reacting with water to transform into hydrogen peroxide. By this application of substance during teeth bleaching causes the parasites present in enamel to breakdown the stain residues in teeth surface. Bleaching can be really effective in removal of dark stains of your teeth by lightening the color complexion of teeth.
Teeth bleaching by various manners
There are different ways of accomplishing your teeth whitening such as:
- Strips for bleaching teeth
- Brushing your teeth routinely
- Gel for teeth whitening
- Bleaching pen
- Bleaching with application of laser
Reasons for discoloration of teeth
- Attainment of old age
- Intake of food
- Consumption of tobacco
- Smoking habits
- Drinking coffee and tea too often
- Irregular brushing
- Intake of certain antibiotics may also result in dark teeth
Significance of whitening the teeth by bleaching
Occurrence of grey shade and white spots due to decay can be treated by teeth bleaching. Whitening your teeth can be done to improve your smile and personality. Presence of calculus and tartar will develop stain on your teeth upon accumulation. These can be removed by the process of teeth whitening.
Types of methods for tooth whitening
Teeth whitening done by a dentist in dental clinic.
The process of whitening teeth at home itself.
Bleaching of teeth applied by the patient.
Obtaining teeth whitening by using stuffs bought from shops and malls.
Tips for caring your teeth:
- Brush your teeth two times a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Avoid foods and drinks which are found to be prepared in high content of sugar
- Make it always a routine to visit your dentist in order to spot out defects found in your teeth and to get treatment at an early stage